I came across this article that says it all. After a few minutes of thought and a sip of coffee, the following transpired:
- My initial find lead to another article with a more positive spin.
- That lead to the book Getting a Grip added to my reading list.
- Not to mention the movie The 11th Hour that I must see.
Time to get motivated.
If you want an understanding of my concern, might I suggest the following books:
- Field Notes from a Catastrophe – (real talk about our situation)
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals – (great information on our food industry and better alternatives)
- Life As We Knew It – (an apocalyptic novel that avoids politics and war in showing how a Northeast American family deals with a harsher world)